Bear Exploration Center: Promoting STEM
(click above for video clip)
2015 National Blue Ribbon School
(click above for award winners)
National Red Ribbon Week
MONDAY - Give Drugs the Blues - Blue Ribbon shirt and jeans (or uniform)
TUESDAY - Team Up Against Drugs - Favorite team shirt (with uniform bottoms)
WEDNESDAY - I Elect to be Drug-Free - Patriotic colors - red-white-blue (or uniform)
THURSDAY - Sock It to Drugs - Crazy socks (with uniform)
- 1st/4th grades wear fieldtrip shirt (for Looney's skating)
FRIDAY - I Have the Tools to Be Drug-Free - Orange theme or "Friday approved" shirt
- 2nd/3rd grades wear fieldtrip shirt (for Looney's skating)
Blue Ribbon Mondays 2016-2017
We will celebrate being named a National Blue Ribbon School with "Blue Ribbon Mondays." Students may wear blue jeans or khaki pants, blue jean or khaki shorts, or blue jean or khaki skirts with their 2015 Blue Ribbon T-shirts. Those not wearing the gray Blue Ribbon T-shirt should continue to wear the school uniform.
Bear Wear Fridays 2016-2017
Students may wear the following T-shirts with blue jeans (long or short), blue jean skirts, or uniform bottoms.
2016-2017 orange construction-themed T-shirt
2015-2016 blue superhero T-shirt
2016 Fall Festival T-shirt (will be ordered in September/October)
2015 green Fall Festival T-shirt
New gray fieldtrip T-shirt
Previous green fieldtrip T-shirt
Bear's white Dr. Seuss T-shirt
Bear's white Go Dog Go T-shirt
2015 gray Blue Ribbon T-shirt (Monday or Friday)
These approved T-shirts may be worn with blue jeans (long or short), blue jean skirts, or uniform bottoms. All bottoms need to meet uniform requirements for length. No other bottoms (other than blue jeans that meet the length criteria and have no holes or uniform bottoms) should be worn. Please follow these guidelines.
BEAR MISSION STATEMENT
We will ensure a safe, caring environment where students are engaged in learning and are inspired to achieve to their fullest potential.
BEAR VISION STATEMENT
Bear is a place where every student is motivated to become a creative and critical thinker and to develop a strong foundation for lifelong learning.
For Bear Exploration Center’s staff to be successful in this mission, we believe that:
· Every individual has a right to a quality education;
· Every individual can learn and deserves to be educated to the best of his or her ability;
· Every individual deserves to work and learn in a safe, clean, supportive, moral, and stimulating environment;
· Every individual is unique, worthy, and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect;
· Every individual can be a lifelong learner who not only knows but knows how to find out;
· Every individual needs to be held accountable for his or her own actions;
· Every individual needs developmentally appropriate learning activities and challenging expectations at all levels to increase performance;
· Every individual needs to be a creative and critical thinker; and
· Educators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission.