Bear Exploration Center: Promoting STEM
(click above for video clip)
2015 National Blue Ribbon School
(click above for award winners)
Summer Reading List
is on the LIBRARY Page
First Day of School for Students: August 10th
Wednesday, August 3rd: Grade 4 @ 5:00; Grade 5 @ 6:15
Thursday, August 4th: Grade 1 @ 5:00; Kindergarten @ 6:15
Monday, August 8th: Grade 2 @ 5:00; Grade 3 @ 6:15
Blue Ribbon Mondays
Beginning in January for the 2015-2016 school year, we will have
"Blue Ribbon Mondays." Students may wear blue jeans with their
Blue Ribbon T-shirts. Those not wearing the Blue Ribbon T-shirt
should continue to wear the school uniform.
Bear Wear Fridays for 2015-2016
Green Bear fieldtrip T-shirt
2015-2016 royal blue superhero T-shirt
2014-2015 lime green BSI T-shirt
2015 green Fall Festival T-shirt
2014 orange Fall Festival T-shirt
Bear's white "Dr. Suess" or "Go Dog" T-shirt
Blue Ribbon gray shirt (January 2016)
These T-shirts may be worn with blue jeans (long or short), blue jean skirts, or uniform bottoms. All bottoms need to meet uniform requirements for length. No other bottoms (other than blue jeans that meet the length criteria and have no holes or uniform bottoms) should be worn. Please follow these guidelines.
BEAR MISSION STATEMENT
We will ensure a safe, caring environment where students are engaged in learning and are inspired to achieve to their fullest potential.
BEAR VISION STATEMENT
Bear is a place where every student is motivated to become a creative and critical thinker and to develop a strong foundation for lifelong learning.
For Bear Exploration Center’s staff to be successful in this mission, we believe that:
· Every individual has a right to a quality education;
· Every individual can learn and deserves to be educated to the best of his or her ability;
· Every individual deserves to work and learn in a safe, clean, supportive, moral, and stimulating environment;
· Every individual is unique, worthy, and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect;
· Every individual can be a lifelong learner who not only knows but knows how to find out;
· Every individual needs to be held accountable for his or her own actions;
· Every individual needs developmentally appropriate learning activities and challenging expectations at all levels to increase performance;
· Every individual needs to be a creative and critical thinker; and
· Educators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission.