Bear Wear – Fridays
The following t-shirts (with jeans – shorts, pants, skirts, etc.) are the only approved t-shirts for Fridays until further notice.
1. Green field trip t-shirt
2. 2013-2014 red “Food Network” t-shirt
3. 2013 heather blue Fall Festival t-shirt
4. BEAR “Dr. Seuss” t-shirt
5. 2014-2015 lime green BSI t-shirt
6. 2014 Fall Festival t-shirt (to be announced)
Bear Exploration Center for Mathematics, Science, and Technology
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Bear Exploration Center, the premiere elementary magnet school for mathematics, science, and technology, is to ensure a safe and caring student-centered higher level learning environment with an enriched curriculum so each student can achieve his or her highest potential, develop a strong foundation for lifelong learning, and become a highly motivated, accepting individual who is able to perform in our ever-changing technological society, with the support of students, parents, educators, and the community.
For Bear Exploration Center’s staff to be successful in this mission, we believe that:
· Every individual has a right to a quality education;
· Every individual can learn and deserves to be educated to the best of his or her ability;
· Every individual deserves to work and learn in a safe, clean, supportive, moral, and stimulating environment;
· Every individual is unique, worthy, and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect;
· Every individual can be a lifelong learner who not only knows but knows how to find out;
· Every individual needs to be held accountable for his or her own actions;
· Every individual needs developmentally appropriate learning activities and challenging expectations at all levels to increase performance;
· Every individual needs to be a creative and critical thinker; and
· Educators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission.